Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My Mission in the world is to prove to the world that Vegan Food is not bland nor boring, here is MY TWIST on the classic Betty Crocker Recipe. ENJOY!!! Make sure to read ingredient labels to make sure no animal products are used (If you want to)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (Make sure it's Vegan, www.ilovepeanutbutter.com has amazing Vegan Peanut Butter Varieties!)
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup vegan butter (Earth Balance is the best!)
- 1⁄8 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon egg substitute, powder (Bob's Red Mill is good for this)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat Oven to 375.
- Put all ingredients into a medium size bowl in order of ingredients listed.
- Mix all ingredients together until well mixed.
- Take Spoon size pieces and roll them into balls and put them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork.
- Bake 9-10 Minutes or until light brown.
- Once out of oven, move to a wire rack or large plate and let cool for 5-10 minutes.