Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
Recipe found on VegCooking.com, by Chef Beverly Lynn Bennett.
- 29.58 ml cocoa powder
- 19.71 ml unbleached cane sugar
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.25 ml cayenne or 0.25 ml chili powder
- 0.25 ml sea salt
- 473.18 ml vanilla-flavored soymilk (or other nondairy milk of choice)
- 2.46 ml pure vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon, cayenne, and salt and then whisk in the soy milk.
- Place over medium heat and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla.
- Divide the mixture between two cups and serve hot.
Wonderful! Rich & creamy, the cinnamon and cayenne gave it a nice kick. I highly recommend!
Very good. I used vanilla soy milk & regular sugar.
Much better that ordinary hot chocolate! It's really not that difficult to make, either. I used light vanilla soy milk. This would be wonderful with regular cow's milk as well. Thanx for sharing!