Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
Recipe found on VegCooking.com, by Chef Beverly Lynn Bennett.
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons unbleached cane sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne or 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 cups vanilla-flavored soymilk (or other nondairy milk of choice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon, cayenne, and salt and then whisk in the soy milk.
- Place over medium heat and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla.
- Divide the mixture between two cups and serve hot.
Wonderful! Rich & creamy, the cinnamon and cayenne gave it a nice kick. I highly recommend!
Very good. I used vanilla soy milk & regular sugar.
Much better that ordinary hot chocolate! It's really not that difficult to make, either. I used light vanilla soy milk. This would be wonderful with regular cow's milk as well. Thanx for sharing!