Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Our friend Sam makes this and loves it. I have not tried it yet, I like the real thing.
Make and share this Vegan Mayonnaise recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups safflower oil
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 2 -2 1⁄2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar, raw or 2 -2 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Combine all ingredients except vinegar or lemon juice in blender, blending until smooth.
- Slowly add vinegar or lemon juice until liquid thickens.
For those who end up with runny mano, the trick it is to add all the ingredients except the lemon juice and vinegar, blend until you get the desired thickness and then slowly add the lemon juice and vinegar. Also, taste wise, try a different oil like canola and replace the syrup with 1/4 tsp of brown sugar.
This recipe is great taste wise if you take out the maple, and instead just a pinch of brown sugar. I was surprised it tasted A LOT like Mayo. Although there are so textural flaws in the recipe. It was too runny, so I added some tahini paste to thicken it up. I used part lemon juice, part apple cider vinegar.
Taste wise this recipe, without the maple, is SPOT ON. Anyone know how to make it thicker though? Mine turned out runny, I like my mayo thicker.