Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 egg substitute
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot or 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 3 dashes baking powder
- Mix egg replacer and water.
- Add next 4 ingredients and gently combine.
- Stir in coconut just enough to mix.
- Add a little water if it's too stiff.
- Form into small balls and drop into lightly oiled baking sheet (do not flatten) Bake 15-20 minutes at 325 degrees.
Egg substitute I found was still eggs...egg whites. So that is what I used. These are quite good, although mine weren't really vegan.
These didn't come out like the texture of macaroons, they were more like little coconut cakes, and they tasted reeeeally good! I shall make them again and drizzle some chocolate on them :) mmmmmmmmm
These are tasty little guys. I subbed a real egg for the egg substitute, and used Sucanat rather than sugar and whole wheat pastry flour. I have a real problem with the last ingredient- dashes of baking powder?! Baking powder is an active ingredient, not just something to add to taste. I added 1/4 tsp (for half the recipe) which worked okay. These are actually a little cakey for my tastes despite the fact that the batter was quite thin. All in all, these are pretty good.