Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Serve with good quality vegan ice cream (or otherwise).
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the sugar in a large bowl. Slowly stream in the syrup and then the applesauce. Mix until well combined and fluffy. In a small bowl, whisk together the salt, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and flour. Slowly add to the batter and beat until well combined.
- Drop tablespoonful amounts on to the cookie sheet, spacing you have about 6 cookies per sheet. Flatten them slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake 12 minutes. They should look "set" but slightly shiny. Remove to wire racks and cool.
- Place one cookie on a plate, top with ice cream and another cookie. Repeat.