Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This soup was inspired by countless tortilla soup recipes and became this unique and simple recipe. It was really easy and quick to cook and is surprisingly flavorful. (Note: Soup is vegan without cheddar cheese topping.)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn kernels
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 large white onion
- 0.5 (12 ounce) package Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Grillers recipe crumbles
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- oil (for sauteing)
- tortilla chips (optional)
- sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- chili flakes (optional)
- Dice the onion and brown it in a large pan/pot with a little oil.
- Add crumbles to the onion and quickly saute for one more minute.
- Drain beans and corn. Add beans, corn, tomatoes to the pot and stir.
- Fill one and a half cans with warm water and add the water to the vegetable mix. Add salsa and taco seasoning. Add chili flakes if desired.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with cheddar cheese and tortilla chips.