This soup was inspired by countless tortilla soup recipes and became this unique and simple recipe. It was really easy and quick to cook and is surprisingly flavorful. (Note: Soup is vegan without cheddar cheese topping.)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn kernels
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 large white onion
- 0.5 (12 ounce) package Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Grillers recipe crumbles
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- oil (for sauteing)
- tortilla chips (optional)
- sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- chili flakes (optional)
- Dice the onion and brown it in a large pan/pot with a little oil.
- Add crumbles to the onion and quickly saute for one more minute.
- Drain beans and corn. Add beans, corn, tomatoes to the pot and stir.
- Fill one and a half cans with warm water and add the water to the vegetable mix. Add salsa and taco seasoning. Add chili flakes if desired.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with cheddar cheese and tortilla chips.
Really easy! Tasty too. It freezes well.