Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
Regular Oreo brand will do, they're vegan.
- 36 Oreo cookies (or 45, depending on package size)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (tofutti, soya kaas)
- 1 (16 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Crush 36 cookies into fine crumbs with a food processor or chopper. You could also do this by placing the cookies in a plastic bag and crushing them with a rolling pin.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cookie crumbs and the softened cream cheese until well blended.
- Roll the cookie mixture into balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Coat the balls in the chocolate and place on waxed paper to firm up.
- If desired, crush any leftover cookies and sprinkle them on top of the truffles.
- Refrigerate until firm, for about an hour.
Actually, some Oreo types have recently become vegan.
OREO cookies are NOT vegan!!!!!