Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I adapted this from a recipe I found on Google. They're the best oatmeal raisin cookies I've ever made, vegan or not.
- 1 cup vegan margarine
- 2 cups turbinado sugar (1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup white sugar works too)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons rice or 2 tablespoons soymilk
- 6 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine margarine and the sugars and beat until creamy.
- Add in vanilla, rice milk, and apple sauce and beat some more until it's all distributed evenly and creamy and yummy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon until they're all mixed together evenly.
- Add the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients and mix together until all is well.
- Add the oats and raisins and mix 'em inches
- Evenly place clumps of cookie dough on an ungreased cookie sheet (I use parchment paper. It’s amazing and I don’t even have to wash the cookie sheets after. I got it at Walmart.)
- Put in the oven and back for about 8-10 minutes, until they no longer look raw, even in the middles.