Recipe by Megha S.
Chocolate nut-butter muffins, a perfect way to start morning for the people having sweet tooth. These muffins are moist, chocolatey, nut buttery and most importantly healthy. Make these with any nut butter of choice or use sunflower seed butter to make them nut-free. These also do well made with a gluten-free flour blend. I often use almond butter in muffins or cake recipes instead of peanut butter as almond butter makes them slightly more moist. You can also swirl in additional almond butter or softened peanut butter into the batter and also add chocolate chunks, so the muffins will have swirls of nut butter within.
- 3⁄4 cup multigrain flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- 1 tablespoon flourless oil
- 2 tablespoons liquid sweetener (Maple Syrup, Agave)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup almond milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- In a bowl add oil, sweetener, milk, nut-butter and combine well.
- Take another bowl sieve flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to well and mix well.
- Grease your muffin tin with oil and add muffin batter.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.