Peanut Butter Muffins
These are good for breakfast or as an after-school snack.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Prepare 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the peanut butter and brown sugar together until blended.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time; beat well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- In another large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk into the peanut butter mixture, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients; stir just until blended after each addition (do not over mix).
- Pour the batter evenly into the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle each muffin with 1 heaping teaspoon of chopped peanuts.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before removing from the pan.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more