Five-Spice Peanut and Pumpkin Muffins
photo by Mary Jenny
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons large flake oats
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly grease a muffin pan. Combine oats, pumpkin seeds, peanuts and brown sugar in a small bowl, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir flours with sugar, baking powder, five-spice powder and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk pumpkin with oil, water, eggs and vanilla. Then whisk in peanut butter. Pour onto flour mixture and stir just until combined. Mixture will be quite thick.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan and sprinkle with topping. Bake for about 22 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Additional recipes can be found at www.peanutbureau.ca.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!