Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from my neighbor, Ibby. She is a wonderful cook. I haven't tried it yet, but if she says it is good, it is good. I wish I had some right now.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup soy margarine or 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups cold water
- Mix the following dry ingredients together:.
- baking soda.
- Pour in following ingredients in the order given:.
- lemon juice.
- soy margarine or vegetable oil.
- cold water.
- Stir well and pour into greased 9X13 or 2 9 inch round pans.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Frost with favorite frosting.