Recipe by LilithDreams
A simple, tasty brown rice pudding for the everyday vegan found on: http://www.veganchef.com/ricepudding.htm
Top Review by Sherolyn B.
Wow, this is pretty gross! Not sure why I was surprised though. Without milk and eggs to give it that rich creaminess, there's no way it could ever compare to traditional rice pudding. I had to load it with brown sugar to make it edible.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice, rinsed
- 1 1⁄4 cups non-dairy milk substitute
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup brown rice syrup or 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, place the water, and bring to a boil. Add the rice, cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 35 minutes or until all of the water has been absorbed.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir well to combine, and continue to cook the mixture over low heat until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and place the pudding in the refrigerator to chill.
- Top individual servings with a little additional cinnamon before serving, if desired.