Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This a nice treat for a special occasion or dinner party with good friends. I usually serve this with spinach salad and crusty bread. Rice or noodles would also be nice with the tasty sauce. I found this in a junior league cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs veal scallops or 1 1⁄2 lbs veal cutlets, sliced 1/4 inch thick and pounded thin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, wiped,trimmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 lb shrimp, peeled,deveined,and steamed
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat, picked over well
- Pat the veal dry with paper towels.
- Combine the salt, pepper and flour in a shallow dish; dredge the veal in the flour, shaking off the excess.
- In a large heavy skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter with the oil; when hot, saute the scallops for 2 minutes on each side; remove to a heated platter and keep warm.
- Reduce the heat and saute the scallion for 1 minute; remove from the pan; add the wine and deglaze the pan over high heat until the liquid is reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low; add the cream and simmer for 4 minutes; add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes; add the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the parsley; cook 1 minute.
- Pour the sauce over the veal.
- In a separate pan, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter, add the shrimp and crabmeat and gently toss until warm, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon on top of the veal and sprinkle with remaining parsley.