Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From today's Thursday magazine. Recipe by Diana Cherian P.
Top Review by JustJanS
I assembled all the ingredients, then began this only to find it a really confusing recipe. Carrots are mentioned in method, but not in ingredients, coconut milk is mentioned twice in method, once in ingredients, and step 9 (half cook the milk) really threw me. No instructions either about when to add the curry leaves. I added more coconut milk, a carrot, and guessed the word milk might be meat. In the end though (after reducing green chillies to 5), the curry was too hot for our tastes. I have made a chicken recipe with 4 teaspoons of pepper and loved it, so this suprised me.
- 1 kg veal
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 pieces cinnamon, each 1 inch long
- 12 cloves
- 4 cardamoms
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 12 pieces potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup thick coconut milk (from 2 cups of grated coconut)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 6 green chilies, slit in half
- 2 teaspoons ginger, juliennes of
- 15 garlic flakes
- 3 -5 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Fry spices.
- Saute the ginger, onion slices, green chillies and garlic in the oil until browned.
- Drain oil.
- Keep aside.
- Saute the flour.
- When it's fried, add the meat and saute lightly.
- Add vinegar, salt and coconut milk.
- When the milk is half cooked, add the potatoes, green peas, carrots and the sauteed ingredients.
- Cover the pan.
- Cook till the gravy is reduced.
- Add coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from flame.
- Serve hot with bread/rotis/tortillas.