landlocked #2's Note:
I have been making this recipe for years. It is very easy to make, and the sauce is to die for! I have used chicken in place of the veal on many occasions. Just pound the chicken until fairly thin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- all-purpose flour, for dredging
- white pepper
- 12 ounces veal scallops
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated horseradish (or more to taste) or 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup peeled seeded, diced tomato (I have used petite diced canned tomatoes in replacement of the fresh on occasion)
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons minced chives
- 1Season flour with salt and pepper.
- 2Dredge veal in flour; shake off excess.
- 3Melt butter in heavy skillet over high heat.
- 4Add veal and cook until tender, about 2 minutes per side.
- 5Divide veal between plates; tent with foil to keep warm.
- 6Wipe out skillet.
- 7Add cream and horseradish to same skillet and boil until liquid is reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- 8Taste, add more horseradish if desired.
- 9Add tomato, parsley and chives and stir to heat through.
- 10Spoon cream sauce over veal.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal Scaloppine (Or Chicken) With Tomato Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.8
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 152.0 mg
- Sodium 287.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 17.5 g