Recipe by sams1
A very nice dish, which is easy to make and nice enough to serve to guests.
Top Review by I'mPat
I used 800 grams of veal for 4 of us and 3 tablespoon of a home made course grain mustard (a gift) which equated to nearly 1/2 cup and was rather strong an overpowering in taste so will cut this back to 1 tablespoon and also cut the other sauce ingredients in half as there was too much sauce for us to eat it all but overall a really good tasty and quick meal to make. Served with mashed potatoe and steamed vegetables. Thank you sams, made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #43 August 2010.
- 4 boneless veal steaks, thin
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in frypan. Dust steaks with flour and fry for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove steaks and keep warm.
- Add to the same pan garlic, fry until soft.
- Add mustard and wine, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add cream to pan stir to combine.
- Return veal to the pan, coating all sides with sauce. Cook for 1 minute more.