Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This comes out so good !! Not a drop will be left.
- 3 lbs veal brisket
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 shallots
- 1 sweet onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- Trim all visible fat from brisket.
- Chop shallots, garlic and onions-set aside.
- Dredge brisket in flour.
- Heat olive oil in nonstick pan over m-h heat and brown brisket on both sides.
- Set aside brisket.
- In same oil saute garlic, onions and shallots until lightly browned.
- Place garlic, onion, shallots, brisket and all the other ingredients into pressure cooker.
- Cook under high pressure 45 minutes then turn off heat and let pressure come down slowly.
- Open cooker and take out brisket.
- Slice brisket against the grain and return slices to gravy in cooker.
- Serve over noodles.
Awesome... I didn't have the wine, but added a cup more of beef broth, and added a bay leaf. This was very tasty and the timing was spot on.. thanks for sharing (p.s. I loved the addition of 6 garlic cloves) ... ;-)