Recipe by EntirelyEmily
This easy to make pie is creamy and perfectly vanilla in every way. It can be made quickly for any occasion or dessert request. It's a favorite among my family.
Top Review by Queen Dana
Its' hard not to like this recipe since its so simple and easy to make, but its GREAT. We used a good quality pudding mix (Dr. Oetker Organic) as well as a high quality vanilla extract. This recipe is awesome as is, and going forward we may use it as a base (ie: adding different extracts, etc.) for different flavors. Made for PAC 2010
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) vanilla pudding mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together pudding mix and milk in a medium sauce pan.
- Turn stove on to medium heat, add butter and vanilla.
- Stir continuously until mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- Carefully pour pudding into ready made crust and allow to cool 20 minutes on the counter before moving it into the fridge.
- Allow pie to set in fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Serve with whip cream!