Recipe by It's Good to be Queen!
Quick comfort food cooked in the microwave. My dear friend, Lori, had given me this recipe after our children, and ourselves, had devoured this scrumptious vanilla version on a cold winter day.
Top Review by cooking with love
This was good pudding. I have never made it before as I use the box. I used the very large bowl so I did not have the overflow of the growing mass in the bowl. But everyone loved it so I will make again. Maybe I will experiment with other ingredients. Made for PAC 2012.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 3⁄4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine sugar, corn starch and salt. Blend the ingredients together.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Then stir.
- Microwave 5 minutes longer, stirring twice or until mixture boils.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave.
- Add butter and vanilla.
- Place in individual serving dishes and enjoy while still warm or cool in the refridgerator to enjoy later.
- ***To make chocolate pudding increase sugar to 2/3 cup and add 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa to the corn starch.
- Please keep in mind that all micorwaves cook differently and to adjust the times to ones which are appropraite with yours.