Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
For the best volume and texture, make the ice cream mixture the day before and refrigerate overnight. Also add fruits and nuts after freezing but before hardening.
- 6 eggs or 3 (4 ounce) packages Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 quart whole milk
- 2 cups rock salt
- 30 lbs crushed ice
- Mix the egg, evaporated milk and pudding in a large mixing bowl. Pour into a 6 quart ice cream freezer canister. Add vanilla and whipping cream. Stir with paddle and center paddle in can. Add milk just till fill line. Cover.
- Pack ice cream freezer bucket with ice and sprinkle rock salt on top. Follow manufacturers directions that came with ice cream freezer.
- When ice cream is done, remove paddle and replace the cover. DIscard the ice. Place canister back in the bucket, repack ice and salt, cover with a towel and let ice cream harden about 1 hour before serving.