Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Pumpkin bread with a yummy vanilla glaze! Recipe from Gooseberry Patch.
Make and share this Vanilla-Glazed Pumpkin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 16 ounces canned pumpkin puree
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup oil
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat sugar and eggs until fluffy; add pumpkin and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg together.
- Stir dry ingredients into sugar mixture alternating with oil and water; add vanilla, mixing well. Beat for 3 minutes; fold in nuts.
- Divide and pour into 3 greased loaf pans. Bake at 350° for one hour.
- Mix glaze ingredients together in a saucepan boil for 3 minutes.
- Brush hot glaze over tops of warm loaves.