Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
A variation of Kellog's Rice Krispies Treats Original recipe. Just the added dash of vanilla and almond extracts makes these scrumptious!
- Melt margarine in large non-stick pan (I use my T-Fal Dutch oven) over medium-low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted and smooth.
- Turn off flame.
- Stir in extracts.
- Fold in cereal and continue folding until well coated.
- Spray 13 X 9 pan with cooking spray and press mixture into pan (I spray my hand with a little Pam and then use my hand but you can use the back of a buttered spoon if you don't have asbestos fingers like mine).
- Cool and cut into squares.
This recipe is very easy to make. It tastes great, but I am planning to add a little more marshmallows and butter as it is just a tad dry. Rene'
yum yum! my dd and i made these this afternoon! i cut the recipe in half, but kept the butter amount the same...i know, but everything is better with more butter!! i loved the additional flavor from the vanilla and almond extract (i like to add both extracts to my butter cookies as well). thanks for posting, this is a keeper!
I really liked the new taste of Almond and vanilla....emmmm good