1/1 Photo of Vaguely Oriental Turkey Hash
Jenny Sanders's Note:
A desperate "haven't shopped, clean the fridge" dish which turned out to be well worth doing on purpose. Quick and easy supper for two, but easily doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean and dice the potato in 1cm dice, and put it in a well-seasoned or nonstick skillet with about 1 cup of water.
- 2Simmer until the water is mostly evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- 3Meanwhile, peel and dice the onion, and dice the celery.
- 4When the water has evaporated add the turkey, breaking it up small. If it is very lean, you may need to add a little oil.
- 5Once it has rendered a little fat, add the onion and celery.
- 6Saute until the meat is no longer pink and the onion and celery are soft.
- 7Add the peas, ketchup and oyster sauce; mix well.
- 8Add a quarter cup to half a cup of water to moisten.
- 9Simmer a few minutes until the vegetables are done.
- 10Serve over steamed rice.
- 11I like this quick supper dish even better when served with lots of Vietnamese chile-garlic sauce.
- 12It is worthwhile getting premium oyster sauce in spite of the price as a little goes a long way and the cheaper ones are mostly water, sugar, salt and cornstarch.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vaguely Oriental Turkey Hash
Serving Size: 1 (508 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.6
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 89.6 mg
- Sodium 1058.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 28.8 g