Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a real easy chili for picky eaters.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (46 ounce) jar spicy hot V8
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- cayenne pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Brown hamburger and garlic.
- Drain hamburger and add to crockpot.
- While hamburger is browning, put can of chili beans, kidney beans, and V8 into crock pot.
- Add chili powder.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- before serving, add cayenne.
- Shredded cheddar for topping.
This recipe is unbelievably delicious to be so simple. I did tweak it a little, using a 1/2 pound each of Italian sausage and hamburger, and adding a whole garlic clove, a can of diced tomatoes, and 1/2 teaspoon each of cumin, Rendezvous Seasoning. I generally like chili a little spicier, but that's not a problem, as a little heat can be added by individual serving.
I have a very large family (9 w/ two men that eat for 4 so it's like I'm feeding 13) so this is what I did to adjust this chili for us. I started out making my own pinto beans. When done I doubled the meat and added 3 T of chili powder, 2tsp of cumin, 2tsp of oregano 1 T of garlic powder, 2 tsp of cayenne pepper, 2 T of sugar and a couple of dashes of Worcestershire sauce. I added 1 can of 64 oz tomato juice and 1 can of 46oz spicy hot V8 and lastly 2 cans of diced tomatoes. (14 1/2oz). I cooked it on high 3 hours and then simmered it through out the day. It came out perfect and everyone loved it. I made with cornbread Recipe #62571. Thanks for sharing. We will have this often this winter.
I was looking for a chilli recipe without actual tomatos for my dh, and this fits! He loved it, and since he works a rotating shift, I make it for him every time he goes in on nights ;)