Recipe by Miss ~V~
Many years ago, a friend of mine bought some tomato bread at the store and served it with spinach dip. I searched high and low for a recipe and could never find one so I made my own. After many failures and starting out with tomato sauce, I finally settled on V-8 juice. Of course, when I got a bread machine, I had to re-do the recipe!! I am always asked for this recipe!! Hope you enjoy it!
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped to about the size of raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- In the bread machine pan, place all ingredients (except the dried tomatoes) in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Use the 'basic' bread setting and'light' crust color.
- Bake according to your machine directions.
- When the machine beeps during the kneading cycle, add the dried tomatoes a few at a time until they are kneaded into the dough.