Cheesy Tomato Bread
photo by GaylaJ
- Ready In:
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1 1/2 inch slices
- 1 (8 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 3 tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
- parmesan cheese
- butter or margarine
- garlic salt
- Butter both sides of french bread slices, and sprinkle lightly with garlic salt.
- Arrange bread slices on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce on each slice, and spread to cover.
- Put a thin slice of tomato over top the sauce.
- Then put a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of the tomato.
- Sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese.
- Lightly sprinkle with oregano and parsley.
- Bake at 350 until cheese is melted, and bread is slightly toasted.
- Serve Warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi Everyone! I am so happy that I found this site because I love trying new recipes, and this is the best place for doing just that. I was born and raised a city girl, but now reside in the country. I love the slower pace of life. I have been married for over 30 years to my wonderful husband and friend. We enjoy spending as much time as possible with our families and friends. Growing up with loving parents and a large family (10 including me), we were one big happy family. Our families are very close today, and we get together monthly to celebrate everyone's birthday. I volunteer at a local hospital, and enjoy boating, golfing, and reading. I love to cook, but my passion is baking. I found recipezaar a few months ago, and found so many delicious recipes. We get together with our families often, and since all of us like to cook, we share new recipes along with the tried and true. Good Food and Great Family and Friends....what could be a better combination.