Salmorejo (Without Bread)
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 1 small shallot (Roasted)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves (Roasted garlic is more mild, add according to size of garlic and personal taste)
- 4 -5 plum tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth (Homemade Bone Broth or Broth)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (plus a little more for drizzling before serving)
- Prep: Roast garlic and shallot (drizzle with a little olive oil and wrap in foil. Roast in oven (or Grill) at 425 degrees for about 1/2 hour. Chop shallot for easy blending.
- Prep: Wash and core tomatoes. Chop for easy blending.
- Place in a blender, chopped tomatoes, broth, red wine vinegar, roasted garlic (2 – 3 cloves), roasted chopped shallot, salt and pepper. Chop in blender first, then puree.
- In a mixing bowl, put in the almond flour; pour tomato mixture over flour and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Mixture will start to thicken.
- Return to blender. Add ¼ cup of olive oil, and purée until smooth.
- Chill for 2 – 3 hours.
- Pour into serving bowls; garnish with hard boiled eggs, bacon or ham, and a drizzle of olive oil (optional).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!