Recipe by Tearanii
From Kitchen Keepsakes, a casserole even the kids will enjoy!
Top Review by GaylaJ
Easy, kid-pleasing casserole. I subbed Boca ground "burger" (soy) for the ground beef (worked very well here) and used turkey pepperoni to reduce the fat content. Also used leftover marinara, rather than pizza sauce, and added a few more herbs and spices to suit our tastes (fennel seed, garlic, etc.). I used shredded mozzarella and probably added more than 6 ounces. Went over well around here--thanks for posting!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1⁄4 lb pepperoni, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef and onions.
- Stir in olives, pizza sauce, pepperoni, seasoning, and mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine milk, oil and eggs; beat 1 minute at medium speed.
- Add flour and salt; beat 2 minutes at medium speed or until smooth.
- Spoon meat mixture evenly into ungreased 9 x 13 inch dish.
- Place cheese slices over hot meat mixture.
- Pour topping evenly over cheese, covering completely; sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes or until puffed and golden.