Recipe by GoldsmithLissa
Great gooey layer! Allow one-hour cooling time. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream! Also try topping with apple slices cooked in sugar, cinnamon, and cloves!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups canola oil or 1 1⁄4 cups cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 medium granny smith apples, peeled and chopped (3 cups)
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- apple, slices (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a very large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; make a well in center of dry mixture and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, oil and vanilla; stir in apples and nuts. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened (batter will be thick). Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for at least 1 hour. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature. If you like, top each serving with sweetened whipped cream and an apple slice.