Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Chicken and root vegetables in the slow cooker. Low fat, high protein and fiber!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup chopped rutabaga (5 oz)
- 1 cup chopped turnip (5 oz)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped carrot (3 oz)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (4 oz)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup raw green cabbage, finely chopped (pre-packaged angel hair)
- Brown chicken on all sides in a non-stick skillet.
- Put into slow cooker, along with all other ingredients EXCEPT cabbage.
- Cook on LOW for 6 hours or so, until vegetables are tender.
- Add cabbage and cook on LOW until softened to your liking.
Very good, cold weather comfort food and easy to make! I had all the root veggies in my CSA box and this was the perfect recipe to use them fresh.