Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
This recipe not only tenderizes the meat but gives it a delightful taste, a very light touch of sweetness. Developed this recipe over 25 years ago. It is a must to try.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup pancake syrup
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce or 1⁄8 teaspoon red hot pepper sauce
- 3⁄4 cup beer, of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients except beer; stir well.
- Now add beer and stir gently so the marinade does not foam too much.
- Prepare steaks,using a knife by scoring any fatty outside areas on steaks.
- This prevents the steaks from curling.
- Place steaks in a casserole dish.
- Pour marinade over and using a fork, punch holes in the steaks so the marinade penetrates the steaks; punch both sides.
- Cover and marinate for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator before cooking.
- You may marinate for a longer period if desired.
- This marinade is also excellent for roasts.
- Barbecue or fry steaks to your desired doneness.
- You can also substitute and use a dry red wine instead of beer.
- Steaks should be about 1 inch in thickness.
- Rib-eye steaks can be marinated for a different flavor, but I do not recommend as the rib eyes are good with some pepper and granulated garlic powder.
- If you are using Chuck Steaks, I suggest that you marinate for at least 24 hours or longer.
- This marinade is excellent to marinate roast beef of your choice.