Buffalo Chicken Chili
This hearty chili is made with shredded chicken and has just the right amount of Buffalo sauce. Finely diced carrots add a nice touch of sweetness, while powdered ranch seasoning adds an herbaceous tang.
- Ready In:
- olive oil
- 1 small carrot, finely diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 6 ounces lager beer
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 6 tablespoons buffalo, sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- blue cheese, crumbles for garnish
- parsley, for garnish
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and let heat. Add carrots and cook until softened slightly, 5-7 minutes.
- Add onion, celery, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook until softened about 10 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes, beer and ranch seasoning. Stir.
- Whisk the chicken broth and cornstarch together in a liquid measuring cup until the cornstarch is dissolved. Pour the mixture into the pot and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then adjust head and let simmer for about 10 minutes until thickened.
- Add the chicken, Buffalo sauce and corn. Simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped parsley and blue cheese crumbles.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION