Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe not only tenderizes the meat but gives it a delightful taste, a very light touch of sweetness. Developed this recipe over 25 years ago. It is a must to try.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients except beer; stir well.
- Now add beer and stir gently so the marinade does not foam too much.
- Prepare steaks,using a knife by scoring any fatty outside areas on steaks.
- This prevents the steaks from curling.
- Place steaks in a casserole dish.
- Pour marinade over and using a fork, punch holes in the steaks so the marinade penetrates the steaks; punch both sides.
- Cover and marinate for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator before cooking.
- You may marinate for a longer period if desired.
- This marinade is also excellent for roasts.
- Barbecue or fry steaks to your desired doneness.
- You can also substitute and use a dry red wine instead of beer.
- Steaks should be about 1 inch in thickness.
- Rib-eye steaks can be marinated for a different flavor, but I do not recommend as the rib eyes are good with some pepper and granulated garlic powder.
- If you are using Chuck Steaks, I suggest that you marinate for at least 24 hours or longer.
- This marinade is excellent to marinate roast beef of your choice.
Great steaks, We love the flavor of the soy & ginger. I got your recipe off of Allrecipes that you posted there. Thanks for posting it on ZAAR so that others may enjoy it.
Good stuff! We marinated chicken thighs overnight in this mix. I also added 2tsp. chili garlic sauce to turn up the heat a notch ;)
Believe it or not I marinated some ribs in this marinade for about 8 hours, then cooked them on the grill slathering them with the sauce as they grilled. Excellent! Thanks!