Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A sweet yet flavorful sauce that is great on BBQ or chicken nuggets or potato chips or a bologna sandwich. We used it on taco's tonight. Just Great.
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 -2 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups Heinz ketchup
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes
- 1 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- In sauce pan melt margerine and saute onions until tender. Do not burn.
- Add onions and all other ingredients to blender. Blend until liquid.
- Pour in pan and heat until sugar disolves.
- Add ground red pepper as needed for heat.