Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I 'borrowed' this recipe from the tv show 'Everyday Italian with Giada' and it is excellent! You don't miss the crust at all, we actually prefer it without!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 4 -6 basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced (amount is to taste, I tend to be heavy on the garlic!)
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 4 tablespoons margarine or 4 tablespoons butter
- Chop basil and rosemary and mix with garlic into olive oil.
- Brush herbs and oil onto chicken breasts and place in hot non-stick frying pan until golden on all sides without burning herbs.
- Line baking dish with foil and spray with 'Pam' or similar product, this makes clean up fast and easy!
- Place browned chicken on baking dish and spread top of chicken generously with tomato sauce.
- Place approximately 2 tablespoons of ricotta over the tomato sauce.
- Top with 1-2 tablespoons of grated mozzarella an 1-2 teaspoons parmesan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and desired amount of Italian herbs. Just a light sprinkle will do!
- Add 1/2-1 tsp butter to each chicken piece.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in a hot oven (400c)or until cheese is melted and browned.
Awesome! I usually shy away from making Chicken Parm because of the dipping and breading (Messy, messy, messy)and my daughter isn't fond of crusted stuff. This was very easy and very tasty. I used about 1 and 1/2 jars of marinara sauce because I served it over spaghetti. I also put a slice of fresh mozzarella on top of each chicken piece instead of shredded mozz (my preference). Definitely a keeper. Daughter is having a sleepover tonite and I am making it for the crew.
Delicous... and your right I didn't miss the crust!