1/1 Photo of Unbeliveable! High Calcium yet Light Bread Pudding
Just Happy's Note:
My own creation - having read many bread pudding recipes I guesstimated ratios to make a calorie wise bread pudding with egg whites and another secret ingredient. The result was a very aromatic and sweet bread pudding with a very airy, slightly gooey texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 380°F.
- 2Tear bread slices apart to chunks or cubes.
- 3Place bread in a shallow square pan.
- 4Beat egg whites in a medium bowl.
- 5Stir in splenda granular.
- 6Add in yogurt and milk, beating at the same time to combine.
- 7Pour mixture evenly over bread.
- 8Make sure it soaks the bread - you might have to use your hands to dip the bread and make them even.
- 9Bake in oven for about 15 minutes, or until top is golden brown and egg mixture is set.
- 10The yogurt is the secret ingredient - it gives a good texture and combines with the egg so the pudding still sets, and the yogurt adds sweetness without you needing to add extra sugar - a great calorie saver!
- 11Feel free to experiment with different yogurt flavors! I used mixed berry yogurt and it smelled great!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Unbeliveable! High Calcium yet Light Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.8
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.1 mg
- Sodium 173.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: