- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped, divided or 1 cup nuts, of choice finely chopped, divided
- 2 cups oreo chocolate cookie crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) bag Kraft caramels
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 ounces semisweet baking chocolate (Baker's)
- Mix crumbs,1/2 cup of the pecans and butter;press onto bottom and up sides in an 9 inch springform pan.
- Place caramels and milk in small bowl.
- On high for 3 minutes in microwave, or until caramels are completely melted.
- Pour 1/2 of the caramel mixture unto crust.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Cover and reserve remaining caramel mixture in refrigerator for later use.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla (with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.) Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Pour over caramel mixture in crust.
- Bake at 300 for 65-70 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Run knife around side of pan to loosen cake, cool before removing side of pan.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat reserved caramel mixture just before serving cheesecake; drizzle over cheesecake.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans.
- Melt chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over cheesecake.
- Any left over put in refrigerator.