- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 2 cups finely ground graham crackers (about 30 squares)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 lb cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 dash vanilla extract
Warm Lemon Blueberry Topping
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- For the Crust: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients with a fork until evenly moistened.
- Lightly coat the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the crumbs into the pan and, using the bottom of a measuring cup or the smooth bottom of a glass, press the crumbs down into the base and 1-inch up the sides.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- For the Filling: In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on low speed for 1 minute until smooth and free of any lumps.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and continue to beat slowly until combined.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until creamy, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla.
- Periodically scrape down the sides of the bowl and the beaters.
- The batter should be well-mixed but not overbeaten.
- Pour the filling into the crust-lined pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Set the cheesecake pan on a large piece of aluminum foil and fold up the sides around it.
- Place the cake pan in a large roasting pan.
- Pour boiling water into the roasting pan until the water is about halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan; the foil will keep the water from seeping into the cheesecake.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes.
- The cheesecake should still jiggle (it will firm up after chilling), so be careful not to overcook.
- Let cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- Chill in the refrigerator, loosely covered, for at least 4 hours.
- Loosen the cheesecake from the sides of the pan by running a thin metal spatula around the inside rim.
- Unmold and transfer to a cake plate.
- Using a spatula spread a layer of Warm Lemon Blueberry topping over the surface.
For the Topping:
- In a small saucepan add all the ingredients and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes or so until the fruit begins to break down slightly.
- Leave to cool before spreading on cheesecake.
- Slice the cheesecake with a thin, non-serrated knife that has been dipped in hot water.
- Wipe dry after each cut.
Join The Conversation
I was very nervous when making this as I have read many recipes and heard of many ways to make "the perfect" cheesecake. I made this for my 1 year anniversary yesterday and after just one bite I knew this really was the ULTIMATE CHEESECAKE. It was so easy to make too! DH loved it as well and told me to use the same recipe in the future. Thanks a lot for posting this. (Just as a note I used light cream cheese and it still turned out amazing)