Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of the best pizza doughs I have tried, I have yet to have one come out soggy. I have added some spices into the flour mixture. It is from Robbiehaf.com
- 1⁄4 ounce active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water, 110 degrees
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian spices
- -Dissolve yeast and sugar in water; allow to rest for 8 minutes.
- -In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt.
- -Pour yeast mixture over flour mixture and mix well with a heavy spoon.
- -Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead for 2 minutes.
- -Working from the edges to the center, press dough into a 12" circle.
- -Place dough on a lightly greased pizza pan and stretch dough to edges.
- Add sauce and toppings of choice.
- Bake at 500 degree oven for 8-12 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Makes one 12" pizza dough.
We fed this, with Canadian bacon and pineapple, to a houseful of teenagers with rave reviews. The bottom of the crust was pleasingly cracker-crisp. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2008.
Great pizza dough. I actually gilled it. Once made, I baked it in the oven for a few minutes, then put my toppings on. Put it on the grill, once the cheese melted removed it. Because we love our cheese browned we then put in the oven on broil until the cheese browned. Low fat- use whole wheat flour and turkey pepperoni. I sued the breasd machine to mix up the dough. I added pizza seasoning and/or italian seasoning to the flour. Very good.
I made this twice this week for PAC, spring 08. I made this both times in my stand mixer because I can't knead. I also used a pizza stone to bake it on. I'm not sure if the results I experienced are due to maybe over mixing. The first time I made this my cheese browned before the crust did at 7 minutes. It was doughy tasting even though it was very thin. My DD told me that I must make this again, she loved it. The second time I made it I put the sauce on and baked it for 7 minutes and then added the cheese, baked it for another 5. The crust was browned and the cheese melted nicely. It still wasn't a crispy crust but it was a lot better. My DD and DS didn't like it as much the second time. I will make this again like I did the first time. I will use this when I want an adult dinner that I know they won't like. It's fast and easy. I think that this would be good baked plain as a side to spaghetti. It does have a good flavor. I didn't have garlic pepper seasoning so I combined garlic powder and pepper in it's place. I'm giving it 5 stars because it had good flavor. Plus it made my kids happy. And everyone knows that alone is worth at least 5 stars. Thanks for sharing.