Ultimate Irish Apple Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Generously grease an 8-inch square cake pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, apples, nuts, and vanilla and stir well.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake about 45 minutes, until the cake is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let the cake set in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove from pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.