Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my new favourite pizza! I will often make a double batch of the chicken/BBQ sauce mixture and freeze it. I usually caramelize the onions by frying them until soft with 1 Tbsp of butter and 1 Tbsp of brown sugar. This makes the pizza very sweet but I like it that way;)
- 2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced (leftover chicken is perfect!)
- 1 cup of your favourite barbecue sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray's or Bobbie Q sauce Bobbie-Q Sauce (Barbecue Sauce))
- 1 (19 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained well.
- 20 fresh mushrooms, sliced (more if you desire)
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 3 cups pizza sauce, your favourite
- 2 prepared pizza crust (store bought or homemade, I use Pizza Dough)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Pre bake pizza crusts for approximately 5 minutes.
- Use 1 1/2 cups of sauce to cover each pizza.
- Pour BBQ sauce over diced chicken and toss to mix well.
- Top pizza crusts with BBQ chicken, onions, mushrooms, and pineapple.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of each kind of cheese on each pizza, (use more if you like.).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until crusts begin to brown.
- Broil for 2 minutes or until cheese bubbles.
- Serve with extra BBQ sauce to dip your crusts into-Yum!
Thanks for posting. This was delicious!!!!!!!! We made it as written on our pizza stone except we forgot the mushrooms. I bought them but we just left them off by accident and used Colby cheddar -jack blend for the cheddar cheese. As Pamela wrote we used Sweet Baby Ray's sauce. I usually don't like non-tomato sauce sauce on pizza but this was exceptional. Loved it. We will make again and again. Thanks. Enjoy! ChefDLH
Thanks for sharing a winner! According to preferance, I omitted the pineapple, and doubled the onion, and it was perfect - not too sweet. Next time I'll top with with some fresh, sliced green onions when it comes out of the oven. :)
This worked out really well, all in all. I made 3 very different personal sized pizzas, this one for my son, the other 2 for my folks. My son said it could use less bbq sauce, but that's my fault for picking up the spicier bbq sauce. I left out the onions for him and used the copycat little caesar's pizza sauce on part. Ha...it was a lot of trouble, but he's worth it. Great recipe and thanks so much!