BBQ Chicken Pizza
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced (leftovers work great!)
- 2 -3 cups barbecue sauce (use your favorite)
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cups crushed pineapple (optional)
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved or 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, more if you like them
- 2 prepared pizza crust (like Boboli)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (I use the pizza blend bagged shredded cheese)
- 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded (I use the colby jack blend bagged shredded cheese)
- Drain pineapple and slice or cut tomatoes, Drain very well in a strainer so that the juice does not make the crust soggy. I even squeeze the pineapple to get most of the juice out. A ricer works great here! BUT will smoosh the tomatoes.
- Spread half of the bbq sauce on each pizza and top with chicken, thinly sliced onions, diced bell pepper, cut and drained tomatoes, and pineapple that has been drained well. (NOTE: PLEASE drain as much juice as you can so that your crust does not get soggy).
- Mix cheeses together and top each pizza equally. Place the jalapeño slices on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until cheese bubbles and begins to brown.
- Allow pizza to rest for a few minutes, then slice and serve!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Everybody loved it!! I didn't have everything on hand so mine did not have tomatoes and green pepper. Instead I simmered my chicken in bbq sauce with some red pepper flakes to give it some spice and I did a mixture of pizza sauce and bbq sauce so it wasn't overly sweet. I loved the addition of pineapple!!
This pizza is FABULOUS! It is an easy after work meal that is very flexible. I had to leave of a few things 'cuz of my onion, green pepper, tomato phoebes but the pizza was still delicious with just the chicken, pineapple and jalapenos. I used Italian Blend Cheese, Boboli crust and baked it per the Boboli directions at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Thanks again Mama for ANOTHER fantastic recipe!
I was surprised to find out we didn't really love this pizza, with so many rave reviews... I have another BBQ chicken pizza I like to make but this one sounded a little more exciting with the pineapple etc... but for some reason it wasn't the right combination for our taste buds. There is nothing wrong with the recipe, just our personal taste only allows a 3 star "like it" review rather than a 4 star "loved it" one. Thanks for creating this though and may many others try it and love it! :) -alison