1/3 Photos of Ultimate California Moon Doggie Pizza
Kitchen Witch Steph's Note:
This pizza has a pesto sauce base with chicken, artichokes, goat cheese, and sun dried tomatoes. My husband and I fell in love with it when we ate at an Ultimate California Pizza joint while on vacation. I doubt we will ever see a location near us so I created this very similar version. In the summer, I love to make this one on the grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 prepared pizza crust
- 59.14 ml pesto sauce
- 170.09 g grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- 170.09 g jar quartered marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 78.07 ml sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 56.69 g garlic and herb goat cheese
- 354.88 ml shredded pizza cheese, blend
- roasted garlic-flavored olive oil, for brushing the crust
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Brush the crust (especially the edge) with roasted garlic oil.
- 3Evenly spread the crust with pesto.
- 4Equally distribute and layer the chicken, artichokes, tomatoes, and goat cheese.
- 5Top with shredded cheese.
- 6Bake in the oven until cheese has melted and lightly browned, approximately 10 minutes.
- 7I've used store bought crusts (like Boboli) and homemade ones with equal success (whole wheat). I use a pizza stone in the oven but especially like the times that I have cooked the pizza on the grill. It adds a great smoky flavor.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate California Moon Doggie Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.3
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 36.1 mg
- Sodium 81.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 14.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust
garlic and herb goat cheese