Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here's the perfectly moist banana bread you've been looking for! This also freezes well and serves as a great hostess gift.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package banana instant pudding
- 6 bananas
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons vinegar (let sit in milk for 5 minutes before adding to recipe)
- Cream butter, sugar and pudding mix in mixing bowl.
- Hand mash bananas and add to butter mixture.
- Stir in milk + vinegar.
- Gradually add eggs, flour vanilla, baking soda and salt.
- Pour batter evenly into 6 mini loaf pans or 4 larger loaf pnas.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes - 1 hour depending on oven and altitude.
- Bread is done when toothpick comes out clean.
Very nice bread recipe. I've made many variations of banana loaf breads and this one is a great recipe. It made 2 large loaves and I had leftovers but not enough for a small loaf. Took 1 hour 5 mins. to finish baking but worth the wait. Hit at my house! Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag May 2008
Shabby....Thanks for the review of my Cinnamon Sugar Nuts. I went through your recipes you have submitted and I made this one tonight, it was wonderful!!! Thanks.
This recipe is great. I subsituted a package of french vanilla pudding, as I had no banana pudding, and only used 1 tsp. of vanilla instead of 2. This recipe made 2 large loaves, and it's a good idea not to cut the recipe in half as it yields such wonderful bread, you'll be glad you have that second loaf! The top comes out nice and crunchy, and the entire bread, including the end pieces, are moist and full of flavor. Bravo!