Recipe by Shabby Sign Shoppe
Here's the perfectly moist banana bread you've been looking for! This also freezes well and serves as a great hostess gift.
Top Review by HokiesMom
Very nice bread recipe. I've made many variations of banana loaf breads and this one is a great recipe. It made 2 large loaves and I had leftovers but not enough for a small loaf. Took 1 hour 5 mins. to finish baking but worth the wait. Hit at my house! Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag May 2008
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package banana instant pudding
- 6 bananas
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons vinegar (let sit in milk for 5 minutes before adding to recipe)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, sugar and pudding mix in mixing bowl.
- Hand mash bananas and add to butter mixture.
- Stir in milk + vinegar.
- Gradually add eggs, flour vanilla, baking soda and salt.
- Pour batter evenly into 6 mini loaf pans or 4 larger loaf pnas.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes - 1 hour depending on oven and altitude.
- Bread is done when toothpick comes out clean.