1/1 Photo of Ukrainian Patychky Meat on a Stick
1 hr 30 mins
Old-country meat dishes may seem like a lot of work, but the results make the work worthwhile. Always served at holidays, weddings and funerals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut veal and pork into 1-inch cubes and place cubes in a large bowl.
- 2Chop garlic.
- 3In a small bowl, mix garlic, water, wine vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- 4Pour over meat cubes and stir.
- 5Marinate meat cubes for at least 3 hours, or overnight, to allow flavours to blend.
- 6Leaving about 2 inches at the bottom of each skewer, arrange pork and veal cubes alternately on wooden skewers.
- 7Squeeze cubes together.
- 8Continue to add meat until all the meat is used. You should fill 12 skewers.
- 9In a shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, curry powder, salt, and pepper.
- 10In a second shallow bowl, beat eggs.
- 11Dip skewered meat cubes in breadcrumbs.
- 12Coat with egg, then dip in crumbs again.
- 13Gently squeeze sticks with hands to make breadcrumbs flat and sticks more rounded.
- 14In a large skillet, heat about 1 inch of cooking oil.
- 15Fry skewers of meat cubes, a few at a time, until meat is lightly browned.
- 16Combine onions and butter and spread in a large shallow baking dish.
- 17Place meat sticks on top of onions.
- 18Bake in a 275 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 45 to 60 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ukrainian Patychky Meat on a Stick
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 853.8
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 386.8 mg
- Sodium 804.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 100.0 g