Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A flavourful dish that's great served with mashed potatoes.
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 skinless chicken breasts or 4 chicken thighs
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes (OXO brand)
- 570 ml boiling water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400f (200c/gas mark 6).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion, leeks, carrots and celery and fry for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Brown the chicken portions in the frying pan and add to the casserole with the vegetables.
- Make up the gravy by pouring 570ml boiling water onto the 3 OXO chicken bouillon cubes, stir well.
- Stir into chicken vegetables, cover and bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.