Recipe by True Texas
Clipped from the newspaper years ago. This is very, very sweet. I looked at several other recipes and almost everyone called for a small box of lemon pudding so I added it to mine.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (17 ounce) can fruit cocktail, including juice
- 2 eggs, large
- 2 cups coconut
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, fruit cocktail and liquid, eggs and 3/4 cup coconut.
- Blend well, beating at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 9x13x2-inch pan.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cake springs back when pressed gently with finger.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, heat milk, sugar and butter. Let boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1 1/4 cups coconut. Spoon over hot cake in pan before serving.
- Serve warm or cool.