Ugly Duckling Cake
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant lemon pudding (you can also use vanilla)
- 1 (16 ounce) can fruit cocktail in heavy syrup (do not drain)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup chopped pecans
- Set ½ cup brown sugar aside to sprinkle on cake before you bake. (I have used both dark and light, either is yummy.).
- Mix all ingredients except brown sugar and pour into a 9 x 13 greased and floured cake pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes and pour glaze over top of warm cake.
- NOTES: My friend preferred brown sugar when making the glaze, and she said she used about 1/2 of a 12-oz. can of evaporated milk when making the glaze.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm an attorney by education and a court reporter by current employment (love my job!). A couple of years ago, we had the opportunity to relocate to my home state of Louisiana, and I am happy happy happy to be here! I've been cooking since I was old enough to see the top of the stove - my mother was a home economics teacher, and she believed in starting me off early. I work full-time, I'm a Scentsy consultant, and I dream of getting my little bath goodie business up and running.</p>